Bridges of Remembrance: Exhibition in Berlin 1st of December ’23 to 13th of January ’24.
Together with activists, historians and artists we are working on an exhibition within our project “Bridges of Remembrance”. It is the follow-up of Cultures of Remembrance. Save the date: 1st of December, 5pm, Museum des Kapitalismus Berlin.
- Place: Berlin, Museum des Kapitalismus, Köpenicker Straße 172
- Time: 1st December (opening event) until 13th January (closing event)
- languages: There will be exhibits in English, German, Russian, Ukranian and Bulgarian; main languages for signs and texts will be English/German.
About Cultures of Remembrance
Сultures of Remembrance is a project that aims to critically examine how World War II, National Socialism and the fight against it is remembered in different regions and develop alternative concepts for commemoration work with young people. We organized three educational trips and published a multimedia website that deals with the different narratives and questions around the topic of remembering the Second World War in Europe.
Within the framework of our project, we are publishing a multimedia archive and an exhibition in Berlin that deals with the different narratives and questions around the topic of remembering the Second World War. We have already collected a number of contributions for this, you can find them in the Media Archive. It is important to us to show different methodologies and approaches. By now, we have a Brochure, soundscapes, educational video games, Texts about the war against Ukraine and audio contributions. We are also planning an opening event, Workshops and Performances throughout the exhibition.
The Main Topics:
- Remembrance of the victims of the Porajmos
- Remembrance of people with disabilities
- Jewish remembrance culture
- Queer remembrance culture
- Current historical narratives used in different regions to make politics.
Details on opening hours (please do check regularly before coming, hours might change; also we are planning on doing some Workshop times will be announced soon):
- 1st of December, Friday, 5pm open end: opening event
- 2nd of December, Saturday, 4pm to 8pm
- 6th of December to 9th of December, 4pm to 8pm
- 13th of December to 16th of December, 4pm to 8pm
- 20th of December to 22nd of December, 4pm to 8pm
- 4th of January to 6th of January, 4pm to 8pm
- 10th of January to 12th of January, 4pm to 8pm
- 13th of January, Saturday, finishing event and small party, beginning 5pm.